The training will be held at the Arkansas Public Transit Safety and Resource Center, 620 W. Broadway, in North Little Rock.
Wednesday, November 2 (Lunch provided)
• 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (including 1-hour lunch break)
• Conducting Strength-Based Assessments and Helping Customers Set and Achieve Goals
• Presenters: Brenda Fiser, NCRT, CADC, and Terry Bearden, NCRMT, ACAAA
- Conducting strength-based individual/family assessments
- Analyzing assessment results and plotting results on matrices
- Helping customers set and achieve goals
- Documenting and celebrating success
• 3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – How Will ROMA Next Generation Change the Way We Help People?
Thursday, November 3 (Lunch provided)
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. • Choice 2 Change: – Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
Trainers: Joseph A. Banken, PhD, and Sandra R. Brown, DNP
The full day training will provide an overview of a collaborative and person-centered style of communication, Motivational Interviewing (MI). This style of communicating can be effective with clients to help resolve reluctance or ambivalence about behavior change. The training will include a combination of informative presentation, interactive discussion, trainer demonstration and vignettes, and participant practice. The objectives of the training are for the participants to be able to:
- Describe Motivational Interviewing
- Identify when MI is most effective
- Identify the principles of MI
- Practice the MI micro-skills
Joseph A. Banken, PhD, is a licensed psychologist and senior consultant for Choice2Change Consulting Group (C2CCG). Dr. Banken is a member of the International Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) and completed Training New Trainers (TNT) preparation in Krakow, Poland. He is a former tenured Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and continues teaching in the University of Arkansas system. Dr. Banken is a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist. He is active with Motivational Interviewing training and has conducted over 200 workshops for a wide range of professionals interested in learning Motivational Interviewing.
Sandra R. Brown, DNP, is a Nurse Practitioner with over 25 years of professional nursing practice. She is currently the Deputy Associate Chief of Staff for Primary Care with the Department of Veterans Affairs and is a partner of the Choice2Change Consulting Group (C2CCG). She is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) and completed Training New Trainers (TNT) preparation in Berlin, Germany. Dr. Brown is passionate about Motivational Interviewing, Lean Management, and process improvement strategies.
Please register below. For those who would prefer a PDF registration form that can be filled out and printed, one may be downloaded here.
HOTEL INFO: Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock • 320 River Market Avenue • Little Rock, AR • 501-244-0600 • Group dates: 11/1 & 11/2 • Room rate: $94.00 + tax • Parking fee, $9/day • Group code: ACA • The group rate deadline expires October 10; to make hotel reservations, visit here.